Home > Ironing Centers > IronAway Ironing Centers >
What side would you like the hinge?
In Wall Ironing Board IronAWay A42
In Wall Ironing Board Door:
The In Wall Ironing Board Model A42 by Iron a way is an in wall, wood ironing cabinet made of poplar and features a 90 degree swivel that comes as a standard feature, you can choose how your door opens, a left or right hinged door , industry standard 42 inch ventilated steel board with cover and pad, giving you flexibility in confined areas like corners in the laundry room or kitchen. The In Wall Ironing Board Model A42 by Iron a way standard features include a solid state silent timer, built in work light, electrical outlet, on off pilot light, hot iron storage, two storage shelves, pad and cover, 4 inch height adjustment, constructed of solid poplar wood. This In Wall Ironing Board in wall ironing board is per assembled and easy to install.This is a custom made In Wall Ironing Board A 42 Iron a Way made in the USA. This in wall ironing Board can add other door choices, White Flat, White Raised, Raise Oak, Raised Pine, Mirrored, or standard flat birch. All doors come unfinished except the white and those can be made with a left or right hinged door,without garment hook upon request. It typically comes as a standard right hinge.RoughWall Opening 14.1/4 x47.1/8 x3.7/8, Finished Size 15" x 47 7/8" x 7 7/8"
In Wall Ironing Board IronAWay A42
- Power timer and outlet.
- 4" Height adjustment.
- Door opens approximately 180 degree. Allow at least 16" to the side of the unit for door to swing open (door hinges on full length piano hinge).
- Ironing Board Cover and Pad are included for 42" board.
- The interior has been painted a cool gray made of solid poplar wood.
- 90 degree left or right board swivel action standard feature
- Hot iron rest-option
- Storage shelf-standard
- Piano hinge with door otherwise no door must order as an option.
- Storage Shelf's 9 1/4 long by 3 5/8 wide... leaving 6 3/8 for iron
- Unit may be surface mounted (unit extends approximately 7 3/8" into room) or recessed (unit extends approximately 3 1/2" into room) into any wall with standard 16 inch center studs.
- See table in specification sheet to determine desired ironing board height above the floor. The user can adjust height of board after installation with a 4" differential between a maximum and minimum height.
- RoughWall Opening 14.1/4 x47.1/8 x3.7/8
- Finished Size 15" x 47 7/8" x 7 7/8"
- Simple Install! Identify the location, cut and remove the drywall, slip the unit between the studs and attach it with the installation screws provided.
- All models are per-assembled and ready to install.
- Fits between standard 2 x 4 studs on 16" centers. Install at the height of your choice, typically 34"-36" from the floor.
- Recommended to attach 2" x 4" cleats to studs, level with the bottom of opening (for support when recessing unit).
- 120V, 15 Amps.
- Pigtails are provided in bottom of wire way for hookup to supply line. Make entrance into knockouts provided in top and bottom of wire way through left-hand vent hole.
Soft Gray Color made with Poplar Wood on the Cabinet
Birch is Stain or Paintable Unfinished Flat Door
Maple is Raised Unfinished Maple Wood Door
Pine is Raised Unfinished Wood Door
Oak is Raised Unfinished Wood Door
White is Raised and Finished Door
Mirror has a 1/4 Plated Glass with Polished Edge Finish
In Wall Ironing Board IronAWay A42
|Electric, Timer, Electric Plug
||Recessed or Surface Mount(surface mount sold separately)|
|Light Included /Piano Hinge
|Optional Iron /Hot Iron Rest/Garment Bar
|Optional Sleeve Board
| Finished Size
||15" x 47 7/8" x 7 7/8"|
||14.1/4 x47.1/8 x3.7/8|
|Wall Opening Height
|Wall Opening Width
||Limited One Year|
Suggest Height from Floor 20" to 24"
- 42” Ventilated Board w/4" Vertical Adjustment and cover and pad
- Spring Activated 90 Degree Left/Right Swivel
- Premium Hot Iron Storage
- Spotlight/Less Bulb
- Electrical System
- Electrical Cord Wrap and Restraints
- Built-In Safety Switch
- UL listed
- Additional Storage Shelf
- 60 Minute Solid State, Silent Timer
- Garment Hook
- Full Length Piano Hinge
- Ironing Board Cover and Pad
- Unfinished Flush Birch Door
- Fully assembled and ready to install
How do we get replacement cover and pads?
Ironing Board Cover and Paid is a standard feature on all units. Replacement cover and pads can be obtained directly from IRON-A-WAY. In fact,
If we don’t order the swivel now, can we get it later?
The swivel is not a retrofit item. Since it utilizes more interior space due to its rugged undercarriage, the frame on a swivel cabinet is deeper than cabinets without swivels. For this reason, swivels must be ordered at the time of purchase and cannot be added later. Where applicable, all other options available on the ironing centers can be added after the original purchase.
Can we order the ironing center without a door?
“No Door” option is one of the available options. If selected, the unit will arrive without a door allowing you to match custom cabinetry. When this option is selected the piano hinge and door hardware is not included with the unit. This is done so you can match hardware with your cabinetry.
Does the door come pre finished?
All wood doors come unfinished so you can customize your unit to match the room décor. Interior has been painted a cool gray saving you hours of unnecessary finishing time.(NE-242 with white flat door comes standard with white interior and exterior color.)
What are the door dimensions?
Door dimensions for all models except the A-46 and AL-42 are 15” W X 47 7/8”. The Model A-46 and AL-42 door dimensions are 15" X 60 5/8”.
Can the door be hinged on the left side?
Yes, all units may be ordered with a left-hand hinge at no additional charge. All units come standard with a right-hand hinge. (As you face the unit the hinge is on the right-hand side of the cabinet.)
Will it hold all irons?
The hot iron storage area is designed to hold the majority of all major brands of irons with the exception of very large, specialty irons designed for the sewing industry.
What is the warranty?
One-Year Limited Warranty from the date of purchase. Warranty covers all defective parts returned to factory for replacement, other than light bulbs, installed units, finished or stained doors, ironing board cover and pad. The warranty does not include labor for installation or replacement.
Can the board swivel before it is lowered completely into the ironing position?
No, the board must be completely lowered before the board can be swiveled.
Is the white colored door a paintable surface?
The white flat door is melamine. The white raised panel is a thermo foil. Both are a finished surface not intended for paint.
Tip Of The Day
Fit perfect into the cut-out and we havnt been happier with our purchase.
Home Products Inc.
Hrs: MON-THU 8am to 5pm
FRI 8am to 4:30pm PST
Broan® and NuTone® are trademarks of Broan-NuTone, LLC,
its subsidiaries and affiliates.
All other brands are trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2011 Q2U, LLC a limited liability company. All Rights Reserved.