Roof Mounted Low Profile Solar Powered Attic Fan, Up to 1600 Sq Ft, 5 Year Warranty, 20W Solar
This 7/8" high profile - remote panel is a 20 watt, state of the art solar panel circuitry that captures sunlight even on overcast days. Totally weatherproof the Broan Solar Powered Roof Mounted Attic Fan�??s panels were designed for optimum efficiency. The solar powered roof mounted attic fan is constructed with tempered glass to resist hail and extreme weather conditions.
The dome and base is molded with UV-stabilized ABC color-dyed plastic to prevent damage from sunlight and provide greater stability and the low profile, square design integrates well with shingles. The Whisper-quiet, direct current motor on the Broan Solar Powered Roof Mounted Attic Fan creates housing that is dynamically balanced for superior performance.
- Hurricane Rated To 140 Mph Winds
- Quality Hardware Used Throughout.
- Specially designed one piece, 12" aluminum 5 blade fan pitched for maximum air flow.
- Heavy gauge, stainless steel bird and rodent screen with 1/8" openings provides maximum protection from insects and animals without impeding air flow.
- One unit ventilates attic spaces up to 1600 sq. ft.
- 5 year limited defective parts and labor warranty
- Operates quietly with no harmonic noise
- Available colors: Black, Brown
Benefits of a Solar Powered Attic Ventilator
All attic ventilators, powered or solar vent out the hot air built up within the attic, but a solar unit offers additional benefits not possible with a powered product. Because a Broan Solar PAV turns on at dawn, it goes to work immediately, first to eliminate the moisture that has built up from the cool overnight air, and second, to prevent heat build up before it has a chance to build up to the point of convection. A standard PAV has to reach a high temperature before the thermostat kicks in and tells it to start working. By this time the moisture has already worked its way into the insulation and the walls, doing its damage. Because it has to play "catch-up" the PAV is already starting out at a disadvantage and must run all day. Driven off AC power, a PAV can be noisy emitting "harmonic noise", and although it is possible to override the thermostat and let it run, the motor is not designed to handle this constant demand.