Roof Mounted Solar Powered Attic Fan, Up to 1600 Sq Ft, Curb Mount, 20W Solar, 5 Year Warranty
Our Roof Mounted Solar Powered Attic Fan is a 20 Watt, State-Of-The-Art Solar Panel Circuitry that captures sunlight even on overcast days. The totally weather proof panels on the Broan Roof Mounted Solar Power Attic Fan were designed for optimum efficiency, constructed out of tempered glass to resist hail and extreme weather conditions. The whisper-quiet, direct current motor in the Broan Roof Mounted Solar Power Attic Fan is dynamically balanced for high performance.
- Curb mount design, 8-1/2" high profile, designed for steep, tiled, or flat roof installations
- Dome and base molded with UV-stabilized ABC color-dyed plastic to prevent damage from sunlight and provide greater stability.
- Low profile, square design integrates well with shingles
- Hurricane rated to 140 mph winds
- Quality hardware used throughout
- Specially designed one piece, 12" aluminum 5 blade fan pitched for maximum air flow.
- Heavy gauge, stainless steel bird and rodent screen with 1/8" openings provides maximum protection from insects and animals without impeding air flow
- One unit ventilates attic spaces up to 1600 sq. ft.
- 5 year limited defective parts and labor warranty
- Operates quietly with no harmonic noise
- Available colors: Black, Brown
||Roof Curb Mounted|
Benefits of a Solar Powered Attic Ventilator
All attic ventilators, powered or solar vent out the hot air built up within the attic, but a solar unit offers additional benefits not possible with a powered product. Because a Broan Solar PAV turns on at dawn, it goes to work immediately, first to eliminate the moisture that has built up from the cool overnight air, and second, to prevent heat build up before it has a chance to build up to the point of convection. A standard PAV has to reach a high temperature before the thermostat kicks in and tells it to start working. By this time the moisture has already worked its way into the insulation and the walls, doing its damage. Because it has to play "catch-up" the PAV is already starting out at a disadvantage and must run all day. Driven off AC power, a PAV can be noisy emitting "harmonic noise", and although it is possible to override the thermostat and let it run, the motor is not designed to handle this constant demand.